A foot massage can be the perfect way to unwind and relax from a day of holiday preparations. Whether you have been on your feet working on a big family meal or running around to Black Friday sales, follow these steps to treat your feet and leave them feeling great. If you have someone willing to do this for you – great – but if not, you can do this on your own.
1. Wash your feet and apply a lotion or cream.
2. Heat your Thermal-Aid pad for 1 minute.
3. Lay down and place your Thermal-Aid pad over the top of your feet and relax for at least 10 minutes. The heat will relax your feet and prepare them for the massage.
4. Stroke the top of the feet moving in the direction from the toes towards the ankle.
5. Make circular motions over the sole of the foot using more pressure on the heel and ball of the foot.
6. Press down into the arch of the foot with your fist with moderate pressure.
7. Starting with the big toe and working to the pinky toe, roll each toe between your fingers working form the base of the toe to the tip. Squeeze the end of each toe gently.
8. Slide the index finger between each toe several times.
9. Return to stroking the sole again in circular motions.
10. Re-heat your Thermal-Aid pad and place it back on top of your feet and rest for at least 10 minutes.
Taking good care of tired feet will leave you feeling revived and pampered – exactly what we need during the holidays.